Thursday 1 December 2011

TARDIS Cake

First of all welcome to my blog. This is a blog dedicated to all creative things that might occur when I've got bored of doing my assignments or when I'm just being creative. I hope you enjoy. 




I've always enjoyed Baking. However, I've always made the cake and just got done with it. However it was my lovely boyfriend's birthday in January and I decided that I had to make him a cake that he wouldn't forget about, ever. And so he got his first ever TARDIS cake. Now it's very safe to say that he is a little bit of a Doctor Who fan. 
Scrap that, he adores Doctor Who, and so he should it's a wonderful show. 


Ok so It's not the most beautiful cake in the world, but it was as I've previously mentioned it was my first attempt. And I did make the fondant Icing by hand, it is ridiculously difficult to get the right colour for a TARDIS. Whatever they said 'Blue Food Colouring' doesn't make it as blue as you'd like it to be. I don't know about you but I have never seen a pale blue TARDIS. 
I piped the detail which wasn't easy, first attempt at any type of piping!


Looking back on this it does look as though a 4 year old made it... But that's fine, seeing his face when I presented it to him was priceless :). But next year I think I'm going to attempt to make it differently and use sugar-paste. Or I might attempt a different type of cake, look forward to that update in January.


Whenever I'm making sponge cakes, traditional Victoria Sponge cakes that I'm turning into a birthday cake I always use Mary Berry's cake recipe: http://bbc.in/9ar9pi 


Over and Out!

2 comments:

  1. Sugar paste is ridiculously easy to use. I only ever tried it once when I decorated my sister's wedding cake and was pleasantly surprised at the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, the fondant was really difficult and I didn't achieve the right effect. I love sugar paste, tastes great and gives the best results!

    ReplyDelete