Thursday 1 December 2011

Bumble Bee Bear

On Monday it was my house-mates Birthday. For her birthday we decided to buy her a bear and then make it a bumble bee outfit. Pretty cool I'd say.


So here is Mr Bubble-bee Bear. We made a dress for the bear using a bit of elastic at the top to create a 'boob-tube' effect. Which was pretty groovy. We also created Wings for the bear! 
I decided that because it's November (was at the time) that the bear might get cold and because of that I knitted it a scarf. I did this by casting on 10 stitches, it's all you need for a tiny scarf and knitted lots of rows until I was satisfied with the length. Normal stitch, I haven't learnt purl yet, but I'm coming onto that shortly.
These are the wings, they were made using garden wire moulded to shape and using black wool to cover the wire. Attached two pieces of elastic and sewed them up so that they remain stationary and you're able to attach them to the bear! 


This is what happens when you're let loose in Hobbeycraft, you come up with project ideas! As like my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment