Thursday 1 December 2011

K9 Painting

I've never ever painted for something before. However, I was planning a gift for my boyfriend (again :P) so I decided I would paint him a picture of his favourite Doctor Who character thing. This was nerve racking. Because it's his favourite there was so much pressure to get it right, if it went wrong then I would have been upset. 
So I bought a Canvas from HobbyCraft for about £2.50. I didn't have an intention of using this to paint K9 at first, I was going to paint a picture as a Christmas present for someone, didn't know who. So I put the canvas to good use. 

The first step was to find a decent picture of K9, this was difficult. I eventually found the right one and then used that to guide me with my sketching. 
The first step was to do it on paper. I was happy with the results so I decided to put it straight onto Canvas.


I used Acrylic paint and a very fine brush to do the outline. As you can see this looks pretty much like K9.

The next stage was to mix the paint so that it was the right shade of Grey to do K9 and paint him after the outline had dried. 

Here is K9! I wasn't sure whether to leave it blank or not, so I spoke to one of my close friends who is also a Doctor Who fanatic and he advised me to do a background. So, as Doctor who is Sci-Fi, and Sci-Fi is space and stuff. I thought I would do a space outline, like so.


I agree, It looks so much better with the background. The white dots are stars and I decided I'd include some shooting stars to give it more awesome factor. 
So here he is, K9. I was insanely jealous of the painting and wanted one, it's a good job we live together!


Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment