Thursday 1 December 2011

More Cake Shinanagons

As you know it was my house-mates birthday on Monday. And you have to have birthday cake on your birthday, it's law. Or if it isn't a law, it should be a law- no birthday cake on my birthday makes me a sad Mary. So i baked her a birthday cake. 

I wanted to create an awesome themed birthday cake because I like the idea of people looking at the cake and going, wow! That's awesome!
So on saturday I spent 2 hours baking cakes, the first cake went wrong, bad reading on my behalf- this never happens to me but I HAD spent the day writing SQL code, forgive me? 

So first cake went wrong, had to bake another one and it was, as the french say Parfait. I made the cake, allowed them to cool mixed the buttercream (mmmm) which was 10oz icing sugar, 5oz butter and a drop of milk, mixed together. Very sweet but VERY yum. I spread a thick layer of jam on the cake once it had cooled and added the buttercream. 
Next was time to use the sugar paste. I've never used sugar paste, it's not nice to roll... But you use icing to roll it out and to make it stick to the cake a liquid paste made from water and icing sugar. 


So here's the cake! 
Mr Pacman! I thought it was awesome! I cut a slice of cake out and put it to one side, nom nom! No I had to ring a friend to eat the cake, no way i was eating all that cake! 
I melted some chocolate and made the eye from melted chocolate, on the whole a good success. 
Again I used the Mary Berry recipe as previously stated in my TARDIS cake post. 


Hope you like it! 


Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment