Thursday 12 January 2012

My Latest Project: TARDIS IPOD CASE!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Yesterday I found myself taking a trip down to Goldhawk Road tube station, where I found millions of fabric shops. So I decided to get a bunch a felt and give myself a project. 


I forgot how fiddly hand made projects were. I was going to upload the complete project when I had finished it, but seeing as it's taking me a while I thought I would update you on my latest Project. So here it is, my working progress of my TARDIS Ipod Cover:


You will need:


Blue felt
White felt
Black felt
See through thread
White thread
(Possbily Black thread haven't decided yet!



So, My first Step was to cut out the shapes that I needed. I thought I would take this a step at a time as opposed to rushing in with the project. It's a gradual project. 


So, This black panel is for the 'Police Public Call Box' sign which I will later stitch in white onto the black sign. 


The finished Tardis Sign
The White square is for the glass panels.






Here is the finished sign!
The Tardis Sign (Started)
Put next to the white panels and it's starting to look like the TARDIS! Next I shall go on to put the detail into the window 
panels.






The Window Panels


It was really difficult to cut down the felt so that it was thin enough to use as Window Panels. However, I managed to cut it down and then sew it to the white felt square. Do this again and then you have 2 window panels! 





The next stage is to Sew the details to the blue 'TARDIS' felt. 
One windowed TARDIS
So this is where I've got to so far. And I must say, It is coming along rather nicely. I look forward to working on it more! And having a finished TARDIS IPOD case! :) 

I'm excited about finishing it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment